caulking granite

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

readysetgo

Does anyone know if I can caulk a granite backsplash to the granite countertop. Our instructions don't say. It just says to use construction adhesive on the back of backsplash to secure to the wall. We want to naturally use clear caulk in front of the backsplash so water won't get under it. It's probably so simple that they didn't feel they'd have to tell us to caulk in front of the backsplash. :oops:
JD
Site Admin

I used a clear adhesive caulk for that same joint on the quartz counters in our main bathroom. I used Liquid Nails for Marble (from the stone shop) against the wall and a clear DAP antimicrobial (from lowes) for Kitchens and Baths on the bottom of the backsplash. I wiped the excess clean and did not run a bead on the joint. The stone shop said 100% silicone would work, but I just liked the words adhesive and antimicrobial on the stuff I got. I think it was a siliconized latex.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
readysetgo

Thank you JD