Edging around Skirting

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Titan

I recently replaced all of the skirting. I was thinking about doing something to "Edge" around the trailer. My reasoning is to save my skirting from the weed wacker.

I thought about simple yard timbers then I thought about a better look of using castle brick with a cap then maybe some pretty rock with added flower beds every so often.

Thoughts or tips on things you have done that turned out nice would be great!

Eric From Missouri
joedirt63

that sounds good . anything you can due to keep the weeds at bay . if your going for flower beds or planters boxes be sure to have enough draiage around the house.. french drain may work for you. if you have a gutter system you can incorerated that into te drain. If you planters are going to be raised be sure to reinforce the skirting or raise the trim channel so the dirt will not push the skirting .
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
JD
Site Admin

There is this product below. It looks good and protects from the weed eaters. Only comes in white though.

http://www.mobilehomeadvantage.com/sku. ... 223/ID/26/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
chablis

You can do what I did--trench out about four inches from the baseboard support, lay down black plastic (heavy gauge,) and then fill with crushed stone. I used a crushed white stone, marketed as crushed marble, which I doubt it is, but any kind of stone mulch will do.

It wasn't cheap---cost about $200 for a 1500 square foot doublewide, and I have to apply a pre-emergent weed killer in March and go over it a couple of times during the growing season, but the weeds are pretty easy to pull up if you get to them early. But it works, and protects the skirting. Just do a walk-around of the house once a week, which you should do anyways, and pull those guys before they get established. I've had mine in place for fifteen years, and only had to replenish the stone mulch twice in that time, for less than fifty bucks total each time.
Chablis
brainscott

Hi, we're planning on getting some wooden (engineered) flooring soon but am not too sure how to put in the skirting around the curved wall in our hallway -

Does anyone have any ideas where we can find something that will curve around the wall?

Thanks!

----URL removed by moderator----