E2EB-017HA Nordyne electric furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

BobbiRebel

Having read through some helpful threads here I have decided that I probably need a new sequencer because the heating element in my furnace is cycling through 10 seconds of heating and then 15 seconds off continuously regardless of the themostat settings. However, when it does this only the bottom coil is heating. The others stay dark. Do I have an additional problem?
flcruising

The sequencer applies power to the various components 'sequentially', if the first set of heating elements isn't be activated continually, then the second (and third) won't activate at all. There is delay between the various terminals on the sequencer that always happen in the same order.

Is the blower running when the 1 heating element energizes?
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
BobbiRebel

The blower will kick on but then it stays on blowing cold air and I think the element either stops cycling or it's just not enough heat. It's hard to see it with the blower in place and I can't hear it when the blower is running so it's difficult for me to know for sure.
BobbiRebel

And now I'm trying to wire up the new sequencer but the terminals are slightly different and I have 2 black wires from the old one that have no where to go on the new one. I'm a single mom with 3 kids and I cannot pay someone to come here and fix this. I'm soooo close. Just need to know what to do with the last 2 wires when there is only 1 available terminal on the new sequencer.
flcruising

BobbiRebel

I believe it is a different manufacturer but yes I think that's what I have
BobbiRebel

Part of the problem is that when the new sequencer it placed in the unit the terminal numbers don't match the old one so where the old one had M1, M2, M3, and M4 on the top the new one has those on the bottom M3, M4, M7 and M8 are all single tabs and M4 on the old one was 2 tabs .
I printed out a wiring diagram and I can follow it well enough I just don't have enough tabs to do what it's telling me to do.
flcruising

I'm assuming you found this diagram - http://www.nordyne.com/Literature/359a.pdf#page=19

Be sure to match up the contact numbers in the same order as the original from lowest number to highest number as those are the order of activation.

If you can't replace the sequencer with the right number of connectors, they do make blade terminal splitters of various types that you may be able to use like these.