Nordyne MSHB-086ABFD-09 chimney and roof jack

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

BigPaGuy

Hi,
I have a 1998 Commodore 28x64 with the above referenced oil furnace. Over the years the cap and spark suppressor have rusted off. I also needed to have new shingles installed so I wanted to do it all in one shot.
Now, however, I am having trouble finding a replacement for the chimney/roof jack. I have about 12" of the inside pipe still sticking up out of the top of the furnace, and none of the outer wall.

Can I buy a replacement that will just slip over the existing piece? It seems like it goes down thru the top of the furnace and is attached to something else inside.

I can do most basic repairs on the furnace like replacing the nozzle and such, but I think if I cant find a replacement part I am going to have to have an HVAC guy come in and do it. I dont have any issue with that.

I have the opening for the chimney watertight for now, but I cant run the furnace until I get the chimney replaced and it is starting to get chilly in the evenings.

Thanks in advance......
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

You can replace the crown with this assembly: http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... n-assembly

Anything else you need to replace the entire roof jack, which you can see among those listed here (ignore anything shown for the CMF furnaces): http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... 7/Chimneys

Thanks,
Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
BigPaGuy

Thanks, Mark. I have 38" from top of furnace to opening of roof, so should I go with the 903664? Pitch is about 4/12
Mark
Site Admin

You can't fail if you don't try!