Major problems with E1EH1-015A

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jelrod55

:( A couple of months ago on a cool morning I turned on my heater, and noticed a burning smell. I opened the top access panel and could see flames on the top element. I called a HVAC repair man who told me that he could stop by in a couple of days.

To make a long story short since I needed air more than I did heat, I unhooked the wires leading from the sequencers and timers to the elements. I had no problems with the air as it was working great.

Repairman came I explained about the removed wires (I used wire markers on each end). He removed the elements and saw that they were burned so bad they were falling apart. So he took the part numbers and hopefully ordered all the right parts.

When he started installing parts he informed me that he would only wire up what he was removing. After installing all new parts nothing would work. No heat, no air, the fan motor would not even come on.

Since he removed all my wire markers for the elements to the timers and sequencers can you tell me roughly which terminals they go on?

I have wiring Diagrams but terminal numbers are not shown.
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

Sorry about the slow response. Did you get things figured out?

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
jelrod55

Well I found a couple of wiring diagrams and by following them I got most of the wires back in the right places, (even the ones the tech incorrectly installed). After puting the right I can get the top element to come on but no fan.

As you can see by my next post another tech installed a contactor to get the air side of the system to work. The Diagrams show a wire (orange) that comes from the M2 termnial of the top Sequencer to the plug leading to the motor. Well that wire, plug and everything from m2 was removed by the tech. Even the blower switch was removed. So now what would call for the fan to come on when the top element comes on?

Do I need to buy some wire and terminals and start almost from stratch (tech used all black for his wiring ), or should I just suck it up and call him back for another 10 hours? At $85.00 per hour. :| :?

After all this money so far would have been better off to make firmer demand of replaceing heater. As it is over 11 years old.
Mark
Site Admin

When M1 and M2 are activated on the sequencer, that should turn on 1 heating element and the blower motor. My best advice is to have all the wiring and parts returned to manufacturer specs.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
jelrod55

:( Well I went back into heater today, I guess just to try and figure things out. Tech had the following wires hooked up to contactor, (if it works pic will be attached).

On the Control side of the contactor there are four terminals (no markings). One goes to the G terminal on the control board ( where T-stat is wired to), the other terminal has a wire going to the C terminal on control board.

On the power side there are 6 terminals: # 1 to # 2 are NC, # 1 to # 3 are NO. # 4 to # 5 are NC and # 4 to # 6 are NO.

There is a wire comming from to the # 4 terminal (from somewhere) and a wire from # 6 going to the motor. (this lets the air conditoner work).

Since it has not been used since Tech worked on it, now I'm trying to get fan to come on with the elements. I found the wire from the sequencer terminal M2 that the diagram shows going to motor (it was in spare parts box).

My question is on this control relay do I need another one to control the heating side? I really would hate to have to keep changing wires to switch between heat and air.

Second question should both wires going to fan go through the relay (since fan is 220V-230V??[
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.