airflow

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kc5nib

I bought a new double wide about 4 months ago,its about 2360 sq foot,i been having airflow problems with it. the acoil was freezing up.had trailer place out here to look at it 4 or 5 times.they say ducting is clear nothing blocked,filter and acoil is clean.i did sovle the acoil freezing up,by taping up doors on air handle,it was pulling more air between doors then though acoil till i taped them up.still have the airflow problem.can i put a bigger blower motor on it.air handler is a e3eb-023h it has a 1/3 hp blower motor on it 1460 cfm
flcruising

I also own an E3EB-0XXH air handler. The blower comes with a 4-speed motor that in your instance should be running on HIGH.

I did similar 'upgrades' to mine as the cabinet is way too air leaky. I went crazy with foil tape and foam gasket material on the access doors.

Remove the door over the 2 breakers on the unit and shut them off, then remove the access cover to the electrical components. Mine is an upflow, so my fan relay is on the lower right, if yours is downflow, it may be upper left. Follow the wires (for me they are: red - LOW , yellow - ML, blue - MH, black - HIGH) from your blower motor and make sure that the high speed wire is connected to the fan relay.

Here's some links that will help.
http://www.nordyne.com/literature/936b.pdf
http://www.nordyne.com/literature/710387c.pdf
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
kc5nib

flcruising wrote:I also own an E3EB-0XXH air handler. The blower comes with a 4-speed motor that in your instance should be running on HIGH.

I did similar 'upgrades' to mine as the cabinet is way too air leaky. I went crazy with foil tape and foam gasket material on the access doors.

Remove the door over the 2 breakers on the unit and shut them off, then remove the access cover to the electrical components. Mine is an upflow, so my fan relay is on the lower right, if yours is downflow, it may be upper left. Follow the wires (for me they are: red - LOW , yellow - ML, blue - MH, black - HIGH) from your blower motor and make sure that the high speed wire is connected to the fan relay.

Here's some links that will help.
http://www.nordyne.com/literature/936b.pdf
http://www.nordyne.com/literature/710387c.pdf
mine is also upflow relay is in same place.here is how mine relay is wired pin #1 red pin #2 yellow pin #3 blue pin #4 black. i think it might be right but i would not bet on it. was your wired wrong and you had to change? cant seem to get trailer place to help me out on this.before i taped up the doors the acoil would freeze up everyday.i done everything from washing out outside unit to washing out acoil and filter,still would freeze up.i was getting a little air though vents,and not real cold.now that i taped up doors am getting a little air and its real cold.i have been in attic(wasnt easy) there is no leaks.on most vents you cant hardly feel air but you can feel the cold.the other vents you feel a little air.i put ribbins on the vents so i could see it better.any help on this would be thankful. i live in western oklahoma,about 4 or 5 a clock temp inside is about 92f or 93.i think it would do a better job if i could get more air though vents,it comes out real cold.trailer place blames it on a really hot summer,witch it has been.but it should do better than that.
flcruising

Mine was default wired to run on HIGH for a/c and MEDIUM-LOW for heat, I lowered my blower speed to MEDIUM-HIGH for a/c because we didn't need it moving that much air (3-1/2 ton).

There are 6 pins at the fan relay. Yellow should be to pin #6, black should be pin #4. The wire color being referenced are from the blower motor. If you look at the motor, you will see a harness of 6 wires that plugs into the top of the cabinet, follow it up through the cabinet to next to the fan relay. Make sure the yellow and black are hooked up next to each other on the fan relay shown in the wiring diagram pdf.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
ghostBlace119

I also own an E3EB-0XXH air handler. The blower comes with a 4-speed motor that in your instance should be running on HIGH.

called out."The woman who loves you the most in the world just cleaned your headlights and windshield."
My husband looked up and said, "Mom's here?"
buy wow gold
Runescape Gold
Buy Maple Story Mesos