Input on Buying/Selling Mobile Home

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

FiddleKat

Greetngs everyone! New here, and wanted to ask a few questions and get some input. This is not entirely repair related.

We currently own a 95 Clayton Richwood double wide. We are thinking about upgrading to a 2009 model.
Our current situation is that we have a 13 yrd old daughter who is handicapped and our current mobile is getting small for us. For the most part we love it! But we need space! Especially in the bathroom for her.

We went to Clayton homes and they are only giving us 12,500 for our doublewide. I was hoping for more.
We just recently had a brand new HVAC including the compressor outside put in. It's a coleman 14 seer. Comes with a 10 yr warrenty, which is transferable.
All of the flooring except for the bathrooms have new flooring. Ceramic tile in the kitchen, laundry (3 yrs old) and ceramic tile in the family room (1 year old) and floating wood laminate in both bedrooms, hall and living room (2 years old)

Can anyone tell us what our mobile is going for on the market? Just an idea.

And, any input on trading one's old mobile in for a newer one, your experience?? Thanks!!
Greg

Hi & welcome. Mobiles are like used cars, Price varies from area to area. Your best bet may be to check what others in your area are going for and how many are out there for sale.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Greg S

Drive parks around your area checking out homes for sale. Contact the listing agents. They should be able to tell you the value of your home and may actually give a free appraisal.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
canman47

Are you selling a home in a park or is it a home to be moved? It makes a big difference where I live here in California. I was looking at replacing my old(73) home with a newer used one and it just doesn't make sense financially to buy one and move it. If it's moved here it has to be set up to current codes including fire sprinklers and a gravity feed water system. Also has to be on a substantial foundation and earthquake anchors, energy efficient upgrades etc.,etc. I was looking at about $70,000 to set it up so might as well buy new. So the market for used mfg. homes is pretty much nonexistant around here. I even saw some for free if you would just move them. A home already set up in a park would have more value since it's ready to live in. A friend of mine has an early 90's 1400 sq.ft. appraised for 21,000.
bobfather99

I would look for comparable homes in your area, then price yours just an eyelash under the "comps". Clean, clean, and clean some more, to showcase that the home is move-in ready. Be negotiable if you have to be to make a quick sale.
Tip your bartender.....