Well Pump Advice

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

archive

Okay the Saga of the "Fixer Upper" continues. After having my electricity turned on yesterday, I took my digital fluke multimeter out to the Well Pump Panel Box and found that the box which is a 220volt 100amp double pole breaker is dead,. The power from the service pole is fed under ground coming out through a PVC pipe into this small panel box adjacent to the pump bladder or reservoir tank. The wires do not connect to the breaker however they snake back out of a 3/4" knockout in the same panel box and hang out toward the ground and are "Live" and exposed! The circuit breaker itself has three wires coming out also hanging toward the ground and the other end is going back toward the bladder tank where there is another panel box, and what this is for I do not know???? However after talking to a neighbor whom saw this well prior to the last owner leaving angrily in foreclosure, he remarked there was an above ground pump that is now missing. Does anyone know about this? What size pump do I need and how does the 220 from the service pole wire into the pump and then also go back into the small panel box via the other wires connected to the breaker located inside the same small panel box??? Help!! I am so lost here..
archive

I'm no slouch at wiring, but I would call an electrician out for this one. If you have the main coming in, live, and not connected to anything. It's gotta be shut off some where in order to work on it, at least in order for ME to work on it. lol

Jim

I did turn it off at the service pole once I found that the wiring was hot and exposed. I agree that no live wires should ever be worked on. But thank you for the advise.:-D