Problems once again

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Sparkles

Hi,

I have been on here once before with problems from my unit. I got it repaired the first time, transformer blew, but now it is off again. We are going through a heat wave and I am dying just using 2 window units. I have a Intertherm E1EB-015HA and had a power outage recently. Since then it will not come back on. You can hear it click when you turn the thermostat on cool but neither inside or out is working. Could there be a reset buttion Any help is appreciated.

Trish
Bill

Hi, Trish
I would like to start with some simple checks first. Check the breaker at the fuse box. Check both A/C and Furnace breaker to see if they tripped when the power came back on. Next Check to see if there is a switch and a fuse on the furnace somewhere. The fuse is covered by a little box, if you have one of these check the fuse there and make sure that its good. I am guessing that the clicking sound you here is at the thermostat? Let me know what you find out.
Thanks
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
HouseMedic

Do you get anything when you set the thermostat switch to FAN? Also see if there is a way to reset your thermostat if it is a digital one. There might be a little hole that you have to press a paper clip into to reset the stat. This happened to one that I had once after a power failure.

Ron
Sparkles

Sorry, I forgot that I posted on here. I still have the outage. It just got put on the back burner because I decided to use window units. Now that it is getting cold I will need the heat soon. I did check all of the breakers but none were tripped. I reset the thermostat but still no luck. The clicking I hear is from the thermostat but the unit will not turn on inside or out. The fan will not come on when you put it in the on position. It is 100% dead. I don't see a fuse or a switch on the furnace anywhere. I was told it is probably coming from the outside part but just haven't worried about getting it fixed until now
Mark
Site Admin

Most likely you have an a/c control box mounted on or near the blower assembly housing? If so, do you have the type that contains switches and relays, or a circuit board?

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!