MH Homeowners insurance?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

adr1209

My husband and I live on the east coast of Florida. We found insurance through Lloyd's of London (An agent found it for us). We have a loan that requires us to have guaranteed replacement cost insurance. And they were high for the first two years, but now that they have new laws down here it went down by half, without changing coverage!! Just a thought.
Amy in Florida
Yanita

Hey,

Yes I know that ratio, but thanks for posting in case others do not.
As we have vacant spots in our freezer we stuff empty juice bottles full of water in there. Helps the freezer's efficiency. Always have bottled water here!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
BIG O

Hi everybody. I've been working some long hours and hadn't got a chance to repost. Thanks for all the help on my quest to find out if I'm actually paying through the nose for homeowners insurance but as it turns out looks like I'm not.I've been with AMERICAN SOUTHERN HOME INSURANCE COMPANY since I purchased this home new in 1999 and they really hadn't went up till this year about $200.00 They charge $898.66 for 12 months with $42,000 dwelling coverage replacement value, earthquake and a hurricane deductible limit at $3,000. All the others I checked into were well over the $1,000 range. One seemed very reasonable PREMERE GENERAL AGENCY INC. $75,000 dwelling,$22,500 contents for $1587.00. AIG AND GEICO told me sorry I was too high a risk for them as well did some others. Again I would like to thank everyone for your help, thats what this forum is all about HELPING EACH OTHER.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!! :D
IT'S BIG O BABY!!
Harry

Hi BIG O

I've also had American for years. The premium is $1,127 for $46K coverage and $20K contents.

They are not writing new policies in Florida. I this point I hope they never drop me.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
LynnieCheb

We just paid for our insurance binder this week - up here in the Great White Semi-North, we're paying $594.00 for replacement cost of our $36,000 home (16 x 76 single wide) and $30,000 worth of contents plus hail damage coverage (which is a far greater possibility than a hurricane here). It's by Foremost but was written through our Farmers Ins. agent. He told us Foremost is the largest, and as far as he was concerned, best for the money, insurer of MH in the country. We also get a discount on our car insurance by having it all through him.

Just wanted to add my .02. I've already gotten so very much wonderful information from this forum I wanted to be able to pay back the one time I actually had some info!

BTW, I spent all this winter crabbing about the ridiculously cold weather here and how good Florida was looking. It never occured to me that one has to pay such a price, in the form of insurance and hurricane worries, for "no snow".......

Lynnie C.
Harry

Hi

Foremost is indeed a good insurance company....for many.

At the moment Foremost is not insuring mobile homes located in Florida coastal counties.

Yep we do have to pay for this Florida weather.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
BIG O

Yea I received a quot from FOREMOST of 1,759.13 for $42,000 dwelling and $22,000 contents. When you live in the south especially after Katrina and Rita your gonna pay high insurance rates. I live about 30 miles west of new Orleans and we evacuated 30 miles further out to my brothers house just outside of baton rouge with the hopes we wouldn't have to move out further west well we stayed put. One gust of wind came along and blew some shingles off the roof and you could feel the concrete slab of that house vibrate with the force. We didn't get a drop of rain and never lost electricity. That was a god send. My brother and I loaded up ice chest in his truck the next day and tried to get here to garyville but they turned us around, couldn't get in. Thats a terrible feeling not knowing if you have anything left or not. The next day we tried again and got in. Trees were down everywhere,some roads were blocked no electricity, phones nor cell phones wouldn't work, very few people around. Couldn't drink the water. But thank god this house was still here. Skirting was blown out on one end tree branches all over but the roof was o.k. Did get all the frozen food out of the freezers. electricity was off for over a week What a mess. Were leaving next time and sending the insurance company out to inspect everything. They have an emergency number you call. Yeah good luck getting someone out after a hurricane LOL 8)
IT'S BIG O BABY!!