Insurance

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Just Rachel

Hi. This is my first post under this name. Forgot my old login info.

I have seen one post concerning insurance and it was locked after one reply. I hope that for some reason that asking isn't disallowed!

I am in desperate need of insurance our manufactured home. Our insurance went up over $900 dollars a year, and, it turns out that they don't insure manufactured homes anyway!! :shock: We have gotten some quotes, but in searching for reviews on the companies, I'm not seeing much that is good.

Who do you use and have you had to file claims? After all, even if the rates are great, until you file a claim, you just don't know!

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!
JD
Site Admin

I don't know if Foremost / Farmers Insurance is available in your area, but it is available in most areas (like 95%) of the US. I have done insurance work for over 26 years and have found Foremost to be fair with claims. I am sure not everyone is enamored with them, but I deal with a lot of other companies too and again, they seem to be very fair to good. Foremost has been a mobile home only insurance company for as long as I can remember, and really know the typical repairs we see.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
DaveyB

I'll second the vote for Foremost - my neighbor lost his lattice and carport roof in a storm, Foremost shelled out immediately for the replacement. I have my own home insured through them, and their rates are reasonable!
╔═╗
║T║HINK
╚═╝
Greg

Allstate has all of my insurance. Call around and get some quotes on an Auto & home package, they like to write multi policies that cover more than one thing and give multi policy discounts.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Just Rachel

Thank you so much for the replies!

Foremost is an option. We've gotten a quote from them online. I will look into Allstate now. It's good to hear from real people. You never know what to believe when searching for reviews online.
Greg

Check with who ever holds your auto policy, they may insure mobiles also. Talk to your agent, get some ideas from them also.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."