Looking for spec sheets and such

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lowensp

I have been all over the internet trying to find spec sheets floor plan drawing etc for my house and am getting nowhere. Does anyone has a number, address something for Schult homes? If I gave them a serial number could they give me exact details for the house?
Greg

Erick, it is not impossible to find the prints, but I will say it is difficult at best. For some reason, weather it is the anount of optional layouts or just the fact they don't want the info out there or even don't have it any more. Many people have tried with very limited success. Your best bet may be to get in touch with the manufacturer or dealer. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
charliemom

Hi Erick,

We are on the same mission. :shock: I have contacted Sunshine Homes twice (by email) and they have not responded. These homes are built to code so you'd think these guys would keep blueprints for a certain number of years. Here is the contact page for Schult: http://www.schulthomes.com/contact_us/index.cfm, you can even enter a model number but if it is too old you may never find it. My owners manual says that if I ask for it in writing, they will furnish a diagram of the structural, electrical, plumbing and heating, cooling and transportation systems. Your request should contain the model identification and serial number and the location of the plant that built it (see the data plate). As far as I can tell, the data plate is a piece of paper inside the cabinet. There has got to be a permanent one somewhere else.

Good luck,
Charliemom
Yanita

I believe that data sheet either glued to an interior cupboard or in a closet is the permanent data sheet.

If your home is real old then these have generally been painted over or removed do to repairs or renovation. There is also a metal ID tag riveted to the end of the home, unless like ours it has been vinyl sided over. A doublewide will have 2 of these plates.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Maureen

Hi Folks, both charliemom and lowensp,

You are not going to find original layouts or specs online if your home is older than 2 years. That's just the nature of the beast with our homes!

If your home is more than 3 years old, you need to take the steps that Greg mentioned. Contact the manufacture directly. Let them know why you need the specs and lay outs! Most likely, like Greg has mentioned, you will not get them! For some reason, they consider them trade secrets.

I've got a 34 year old home. I have no idea who manufactured it originally. Floor plans, for the most part are basic in all of our homes. Specs don't mean a lot if it's gone through one or even two owners.

If both of you could give us specific reasons why you need the info, we will do our best to provide it for you! You'll get more answers here than anywhere else!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
charliemom

Hey Maureen,

You can find the answer to that question in the Floor Plan thread in the Decorating... topic. I replied when you asked me over there. :wink: Thanks for your help.

CM
wes

the url charliemom gave for shult homes has a . at the end that's not needed.

Code: Select all

this one will work
http://www.schulthomes.com/contact_us/index.cfm