What's the best way to clean skirting?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Italics Mine

What's the best lazyman's way to clean skirting that used to be white, but is now dirty with patches of green?
Thank you,
Jim
joedirt63

lazy man way is to stay inside watch tv and don't look at the skirting. really though if you don't have any plants around the house or animals or kids. bleach and water if it's green then theres no way your getting out of it without a little sweat. spray cleaners that degrease or kill mold ,but i like bleach it's effective and cheap.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
flcruising

Ditto the bleach. About once a year I spray down our vinyl siding with a pump-up garden sprayer with 50/50 bleach and water and the mildew literally disappears. May have to treat yours multiple times if it's really bad, but you won't know until you try.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Lorne

An extension pole for higher areas, Simple Green diluted with water and 2 brushes.
One hand brush for lower areas and a screw on pole brush. Now the bad part.

You start scrubbing OR a neighborhood kid who wants to earn some cash.
A pressure washer is out of the question for skirting or siding because it's just too powerful.

Mold (green areas) on the north sides are probably best treated with bleach like flcruising mentioned.
It ain't easy being green.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.