Water Heater location question

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

voldo37

So I have had my mobile home for 7-8 years now and have not been able to figure this one out so I thought I would see if anyone here had an idea. My mobile home is a 1992 Shulte 16 X 80 3bdrm 2bath. The master bedroom and bathroom are at the rear of the home and the water heater is in one of the walk-in closets. The other two bedrooms and bathroom are at the front of the home. The front bathroom doesn't get used that much as I am a single guy. I have been trying to figure out if there is a second water heater at the front of the home that feeds only the bathtub. When I turn the hot water on in the bathtub it only takes a second or two to start getting hot water. But if I turn the hot water knob on the sink in that same bathroom it takes several minutes to get any hot water. In the master bathroom it usually takes 10-15 seconds to start getting hot water. I removed the access panel in the front bedroom that allows access to behind the bathtub fixtures but all I see are the pipes. My first thought was that the hot water side of the bathtub faucet was leaking which would cause a constant flow of hot water to it but it is NOT leaking. There must be a small hot water heater somewhere close by but don't have a clue where it could be - does anyone have any ideas where it is??

Thanks
Kurt
Greg

Kurt, I doubt there are 2 heaters unless someone added a small unit. Check the electric panel, there should be a breaker for it if there is. Is it possible that a circulating loop was added? That would keep the water circulating from the tank to the faucet. There would be a small pump that keeps the water circulating.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."