Installation of a ceiling fan

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Cwalden

I need to get some idea of what information is needed to help me put in a ceiling fan in my trailer. I just moved into a trailer and want to add a ceiling fan in the bedroom. I took the light fixture off to find that is was only screwed to the insulation. I have a vaulted ceiling in this room. I read the other posts but didn't see anything on adding a fan to a vaulted ceiling. What information can you provide from what I have said or what can I look for to add info to give you a better picrure of the room? Never had a trailer before and have really learned alot from this site. Thanks in advance.
flcruising

Scroll down to the bottom half of this page and look on the left column - http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/order.htm#catalog
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
squirt13

You can put a ceiling fan on a vaulted ceiling. I just bought one that mounts three differant ways. Either flush to the ceiling, on a down rod or on a angle. From what I have been told at HD almost any fans that are on a down rod can be mounted on an angle, they just need the correct top bracket. The fan I just bought has it and it was under $70 at HD.