Mysterious cell phone order

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Lorne

This is one for the books and I'll try to put things in order as briefly as possible.

May 2007. Received Discover card bill. Shows a $500.00 cellphone purchase made by me on April 12.

Delivery made to our OLD mail forwarding address in SD April 13.

A month ago all this happened, but I NEVER ORDERED IT.

Never received a shipping email or order confirmation, which is normal.

It wasent until a few days ago that we actually received the phone because the forwarding service only sends out save mail every 30 days if any does show up since we now live in SC.

Called Discover and they would investigate and put bill on hold.

Called the cellphone supplier and they said I HAD ordered it with my credit card and everything was normal. Normal except for the fact that there were no confirmations sent that UPS was the shipper.

Today I shipped it back to the seller in Texas, return receipt requested and Insured.

WEIRD.

The only explanation is that maybe they got hold of my card numbers, including the 3 digit security code on the back and though i would keep it and pay for it.

Like those checks you receive in the mail that you sign and get an automatic loan.

We will ask for new card numbers just to be safe.
Who do you trust any more, I ask you.

In God we trust, all others pay cash.

And NO, I wasn't abducted by aliens and experimented on.

Watch your credit card statements carefully.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
PennylessZ28

Lorne wrote: Today I shipped it back to the seller in Texas, return receipt requested and Insured.

WEIRD.

The only explanation is that maybe they got hold of my card numbers, including the 3 digit security code on the back and though i would keep it and pay for it.

Like those checks you receive in the mail that you sign and get an automatic loan.
That doesn't sound likely.

It sounds more like someone was trying to buy that phone with your identity, knowing you moved. And they probably didn't except your forwarding service to get the mail.
kashton

You want weird? My hubby was picked up on a warrant one time, only to find out there was another guy in Vancouver with the same name(First, middle and last ) that was the one with the warrant. They only found out with his social insurance number that they had the wrong guy.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
PennylessZ28

kashton wrote:You want weird? My hubby was picked up on a warrant one time, only to find out there was another guy in Vancouver with the same name(First, middle and last ) that was the one with the warrant. They only found out with his social insurance number that they had the wrong guy.
DUDETTE, That happened to me when I was 19. Then they get down there, and they read the description and it's a black guy. I don't look black! FOOLS! And that ain't my social. Think they'd check before arresting me! 3 hours of my life VA BEACH owes me and all I get is sorry for our mistake. Not even a gift card to wawa. :( lol

:D