Gas Pressure

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tom2001

I have a Coleman 76803856 LP ran furnace and would like to know how to adjust the gas pressure in the gas valve on the furnace, here is a picture, they say a spring can get weak and increase the gas pressure. Is it behind the hex plug above the rotary on/off vale in the picture? Thanks!

Last edited by tom2001 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tom2001

Is there a replacement valve for my gas valve, if so a link would be great!! I would like it the same so the tubing would not have to be rebent and fitted or purchased.

Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

Adjusting gas pressure should only be done by an hvac tech and is not recommended for DIY.

Gas Valve # 7956 - 336P can be seen and ordered here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... -gas-valve

Will most likely also need Mounting Bracket # 7705 - 5101.

After adding gas valve to cart, type mounting bracket p/n into search window.

The gas valve is the correct replacement, but will not look like the old one and may or may not have same piping configurations.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tom2001

thanks ! looks like the psi was a bit hi but didn't change much when adjusted .must be roof jack.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?