blower motor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

fatman

I have a coleman dgaa furnance,aqnd the motor will not run sometimes.the. fan houseing has got so hot that it has melted the upper furnance door.i can cut the power off and let it cool down, and it will work for a while.what can i do to fix ( thanks)
Robert

Hi,

Will need complete furnace model number. Ensure the filter, motor. blower wheel and a/c a-coil if you have a/c are all clean.

Make sure there are no blockages in duct.

IF all that is good to go, then most likely going to need a new motor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
fatman

robert,I have coleman furnance dgaa090bdta with a nordyne 621710liblower motor.i'm getting code 4 blinking lites.everything is clean,the top door panel has melted some,because sometimes the blower motor want start,but I can cut the power off at the furnance and let it cool down and restart it and everthing works fine for a while and then it does the same again.the furnance will be out,but the cage around the motor get very hot without the fan blowing.will the run compacitor cause this or will this be bad motor? (thanks)
Robert

Hi,

Trace the blower motor wires used at that time back to molex connector. Disconnect the plug and find corresponding wire holes in the other side of plug. Test across to see if the motor is getting 120VAC at time it should be running.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
fatman

robert,I checked ,and I am getting power aqt the molet connector when the fan want come on .to get it working again I have to let it cool down and turn the switch at the furnance on and push the reset button on the upper limit switch.I can't run the furnance at night
Robert

IF your blower assembly has a run capacitor, with a call for heat, spin the blower wheel and see if it runs.

IF it still will not run and there is power to the motor leads, then motor is most likely bad.

Thanks,
Robert