Blower

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sandpointspud

Hi I have a EB17B and just replaced the sequencer a few weeks ago. At that time the fan would not turn off. Now there are times it wont come on on either auto or the on position of thermostat. After some time being off, it will start to work again. Not sure what part needs replaced.

thanks
Robert

Hi,

Possibly a bad thermostat or a loose wire connection by what you described. Would have to test it to know for sure.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sandpointspud

Thanks Robert,
Is there a way I can test the thermostat? I will check for loose wires
Robert

Hi,

For auto mode:

With a NO CALL at t-stat, should have 24VAC across RH and W.

With a CALL for heat, it should change to 0VAC across RH and W.

For Fan ON CONT. mode:

NO CALL = 24VAC across RH and G

CALL = 0VAC across RH and G

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi,

For auto mode:

With a NO CALL at t-stat, should have 24VAC across RH and W.

With a CALL for heat, it should change to 0VAC across RH and W.

For Fan ON CONT. mode:

NO CALL = 24VAC across RH and G

CALL = 0VAC across RH and G

Thanks,
Robert
sandpointspud

Thanks, Tested the thermo and it seems to be fine. The blower now operates when it feels like it. Sometimes runs and other times it doesn't. Could it be the fan switch?
Robert

Hi,

May just be a loose wire connection or a bad switch that circuit is running through.

Thanks,
Robert
sandpointspud

Hi Robert,
I found a Yellow wire that goes from the transformer to the circuit breaker that was not hooked up. Now the fan will run in the "on" position but not in the "auto" Position. Sequencer is only 1 month old. If fan comes on and runs, that must mean the relay is good too? I am now at a loss!

Don
Robert

Hi Don,

Could be another loose wire,sequencer, fan relay, wire connection bad. Would have to test all components and connections in circuits to find the problem.

For auto, t-stat sends signal to sequencer and it runs from there through the fan relay and on to motor.

Then the other motor lead comes from the breaker/fuse.

Thanks,
Robert
sandpointspud

Hi Robert,
Can you let me know how to test sequencer and blower relay now. The T-Stat tested fine. Fan will not run when in auto except for after the call for heat. It seems to run on cool down
sandpointspud

Here are the test results from the sequencer.
With call for heat, fan set to auto:
H1/H2 24vac
H3/H4 24 vac
M1/M2 240vac
M2/M3 0vac

Hope this helps
Don
Robert

Hi Don,

Sequencer is bad. M1/M2 should read 0vac.

M1/M2 controls one element coil and the blower motor in auto.

Do you need ordering info for the sequencer ?

Thanks,
Robert
sandpointspud

Hi Robert,
Yes Please can you send me the number again. What could be taking the sequencer out. It is only about a month old.
Robert

Hi Don,

IF you purchased the sequencer from us, it may be covered under the warranty IF the sequencer itself is bad.

Getting 24vac across H1 and H2 is what energizes M1/M2 and M3/M4 and closes them.

You will read 240vac before they close and 0vac after they close.

You stated M1/M2 is still reading 240vac which indicates it did not close.

You have the t-stat, sequencer, fan relay, fan switch, motor , motor run capacitor and all wires and wiring connections in the auto and fan continuous modes. Plus the breakers and transformer.

Intermittent problems can be hard to find.

The store is closed right now due to a blizzard. Try calling Mark @ 605-229-2627 tomorrow and he can give info on returning the sequencer.

Is there any water or moisture getting inside the furnace and electrical controls area ?

Any electrical spikes lately ?

Thanks,
Robert