Deluxe Blend Air II Damper Motor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dzimmer

I have been working on this for a while now. I used the troublshooting guide and found I did not have 36 volts out of lower control board so I sent it in for repair. I have talked to the repair guy a few times and he said my old board would work and then quit and he tried a new relay but that did no good. We decided to try new boards so I just purchased the upper and lower control boards from you. I changed the lower board and got quite a ways further on the troubleshooting guide but when I got to damper motor it does not open damper. I do not have 24 volts to the motor. The motor itself reads 17.5 ohms and I read from end of wires at the board so I know the wires are good also. LONNNNNNNNG story but now my ?

What tells the damper motor to open? Where or what is the signal and where does it come from?I have not put upper board in as of yet because they are so spendy and I am not sure if that is the problem and once I install it I own it.

David
Robert

Hi,

The damper motor opens when it receives 24vac signal from lower board. Trace the motor wires back to connections and test there for 24vac.

Follow the troubleshooting steps exact to ensure 24vac is coming in to the board.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dzimmer

I did just that and I am not getting 24 vac at connection terminals for damper motor

David

Sorry Robert I miss read the response :oops: I did check for 24 vac to the board as instructed in step 1 and I do have 24 vac to the red and yellow wires

Sorry David
Robert

Hi David,

So you have 24vac at the lower board connection terminals for the damper motor ? However, your damper motor is not working ?

IF that is the case, then the damper motor is bad most likely.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dzimmer

Robert wrote:Hi David,

So you have 24vac at the lower board connection terminals for the damper motor ? However, your damper motor is not working ?

IF that is the case, then the damper motor is bad most likely.

Thanks,
Robert

NO this is not true. I have 24vac feeding lower board BUT .........DO NOT have 24vac at the damper motor terminals. And this is a NEW lower board. Sorry I know this is confusing.

David
Robert

Hi David,

No apologies necessary, it can be a little confusing sometimes not being there, but we try to make the best of it.

That would appear to be a bad board. Due to it being new, I would suggest you call Mark @ 605-229-2627 and speak with him personally.

Let him go over the steps and tests and if he feels it is a bad board, he will give the necessary info for returning it and getting a new one.

Thanks,
Robert
dzimmer

Thanks Robert, I will call Moday morning

David
Robert

Hi David,

You are very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
dzimmer

Robert,
Called Mark and new board should be on its way. Will post back when I get board and let you know what happens.

Thanks Again
David
Robert

Hi David,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
dzimmer

Robert,
I almost don't want to say this BUT the new board did not fix it yet either. Got board today and installed but this is the sequence now. If I start the blower with both switches in auto the damper opens and get yellow light. Sounds good but still getting a blinking red fail light and an alarm. I put the jumper to test mode and fan cycles on/off every 30 seconds but the voltage reading are not like they were. On the 4 wire plug coming from the upper board I get get 40 volts on black/red wires but it does not change when fan goes on/off. On the green/white wires I get 40 volts when fan is on and 0 volts when fan is off.

" Close but no cigar" ☺

David
Robert

Hi David,

Call Mark again and talk to him about what it is doing. He has all the parts in the store and can probably set up a scenario in his shop area to determine what may be wrong.

Thanks,
Robert
dzimmer

Robert,
I did call mark and had me try new upper board also and that fixed the problem. So looks like originally I had a bad lower board, then the new lower board was bad also, then upper board was bad also. Anyways working now ☺☺☺

Thanks again

David
Robert

Hi David,

Thanks for update, glad it is working again.

Thanks,
Robert
dzimmer

yuanyelss wrote:So you have 24vac at the lower board connection terminals for the damper motor ? However, your damper motor is not working ?
Copied from above post:
NO this is not true. I have 24vac feeding lower board BUT .........DO NOT have 24vac at the damper motor terminals. And this is a NEW lower board. Sorry I know this is confusing.

All is OK now but had to replace both upper and lower boards, first lower board was bad also.
David