Coleman DGAA070BDTA control board?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dabug71

A few days ago, Coleman gas furnace failed to start. After providing an alternate path for electric power to the furnace (Siemens breaker tripped, couldn't reset, discovered breaker itself had
failed, couldn't replace yet since Siemens has recall on 15A circuit breakers, and no supply house
had a replacement yet), we are getting 24V to the control board. 3A fuse has blown. In upper
left of board, the board around the mounting for resistors R32, R33, and R34 is discolored
(brown) on front and back of the board. Towards lower left of board, on back of the board of the mount for relay 0144 (located by the word SOURCE) there appears to have been a short (the green covering on back of board around this relay has been melted off. Also on the metal box in which the control board is mounted there is black discoloration. It appears the board is bad. Does this sound correct? Thanks.
Dabug71

Here are numbers from the control module board: 1012-83-9561A 03101932000 0149 1012-956
Robert

Hi,

Integrated Control Board # 7990 - 320P can be seen and ordered here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... trol-board

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dabug71

Thanks. Old board sent in to check if it can be repaired. If not, I'll order the 7990-320P.
- Dave G.
Robert

Hi Dave,

You're very welcome, happy to help. I do not recommend trying to repair any board with signs of burn marks or melting.

Also make sure no water and/or moisture is getting into this area to the board.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dabug71

Thanks, Robert. I'll order the replacement board, since the one I sent in does have burn marks and some of the protective coating on the back has melted away.
- Dave G.
Robert

Hi Dave,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Thanks for ordering with us.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Dabug71

Rec'd new board today. Installed and hooked up except for one connection. Since I don't have old board can't verify 2 spades at top of board. Three connectors at top of board are labeled 'sec', 'com', and 't'. The transformer output goes to top of board. Blue output from secondary (24v side) goes to 'com', which I have connected. I think the red wire from transformer is connected to 'sec' (for secondary?). This is connection in question. On my notes I have the red wire to the left of the blue wire (my left looking at the mounted board). But since I don't have old board I can't verify that same location on new board is same spade as on old board. Could someone verify that the red wire from the secondary of the 24V transformer does connect to the spade labeled 'sec' on the control board? Thanks.
Robert

Hi,

Yes, red wire to SEC on board.

Thanks,
Robert
Dabug71

Thanks, much appreciated. You folks are extremely helpful.
- Dave G.
Robert

Hi Dave,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert