Fan not engaging sometimes!!

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kevin67606

My fan will work perfectly on my Coleman EB15B Furnace for a few days then it decides it doesn't want to. I will hear the clicking of the furnace trying to do what it is suppose to and my thermostat will say that the heat is on and I feel it getting warm in the furnace but The fan doesn't come on. I have found that if I trip the breakers on the furnace and turn it off at the thermostat for a while and let everything cool back down it will start to work. Sometimes it takes longer than others. The fan will work correctly when I turn the ventilation system on. I just need to know which part to buy. I am not sure if it is the fan relay or the capacitor. Please help!
Robert

Hi,

Could be a bad motor, run capacitor, sequencer or fan relay. Or just a loose wire.

Most common is the sequencer.

Look at fan relay middle contact # 5, trace wire back to sequencer and WITH a call for heat from thermostat,wait 30 - 45 secs. and see if you have 120vac to ground at that sequencer terminal.

IF not, sequencer is probably bad.

Sequencer # 3115 - 3571 can be seen and ordered here by paging down:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... -sequencer

It is showing as on back order, so may need to call store on Monday and see when it will be in @ 605-229-2627.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?