FEHB 020HA Blower continues to run

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

watchtheherdgo

Hello,
I have an Intertherm model FEHB-020HA electric furnace with AC. When in heat mode the blower runs constantly. The heating elements seem to be kicking off as they should Where should I look to solve this issue.
Robert

Hi,

Possibly a bad sequencer.

Sequencer # 901076 can be seen and ordered from here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... er-4-stage

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
watchtheherdgo

OK, finally got around to replacing the sequencer, but fan still runs all the time. There are 2 "auto/on" switches. I tested the switch on the control box and it is ok. The other switch does not seem to have any effect but I have not tested it. This is the switch on the furnace itself. Any other ideas that I may be able to try?
Robert

Hi,

You will have to start at the two motor wires used and follow back to first connection point and test there for 240vac.

Continue this following those two wires/corresponding wires all the way back to the wall t-stat.

Test at each connection point for 240vac.

WHEN you find the 240vac, that is where the voltage is getting through. Could be a failed part, a direct short,etc.. .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
watchtheherdgo

I think maybe I left out something. The fan will not run at all when the switch is set to "auto" . I tested the switch and it's ok.
Robert

Hi,

You will still need to follow the steps I gave to find and locate the problem area. Once the t-stat is satisfied, the power should be shut off to the blower and if it is running all the time, you will need to find out where the power is getting through.

IF it won't run in auto mode, then with a new sequencer, make sure all wires are in correct locations and tight.

If so, trace wires to those switches and determine what connects to what to continue on and jumper it to see if it works now.

IF you still cannot find the problem, an hvac tech may be needed to assist with diagnosis.

Thanks,
Robert