Plumbing stopped up........clogged up or something

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

crackur

Ok. I live in a manufractured home with two bathrooms.........I tend to use the guest bathroom while my wife has took over the master. Well one day I went to the master and saw alot of toilet paper in the toilet and decided to flush it..........mistake! Ever since I did this.........a flush tends to go to the garden tub and shower and stay there for a nice long time. I have used drano/liquid plumber etc.........but after I eventually get the water all out........you still cannot take a bath or shower before it backs up again.

Note.
The other bathroom is fine...........never slows down, toilet and both sinks in the other bathroom are fine. The kitchen sink fine...........dishwasher, w/d all fine. Just the master bathroom which is the furthest away from the drain on the outside is having the problem. I've tried many things. I tried to put a snake down it but it doesn't want to go down the shower or comode too far. It tends to stop and I can't get it to go far at all.

Note the bathtub is at the corner of the house, then the toilet and then the standing shower........then the rest of the house.

What do I do...........what can I do..........I need help!!!!!!
Greg

You could try a good plunger (you will need to plug the tub & sink to keep from pushing the water into the them, if that doesn't work About the only choice is to run a snake. You may be able to get a 25' spring snake through the toilet. If not you will need to pull the toilet to get to it. You will need to replace the wax ring when you reset it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
crackur

I've tried too but the piping must have several turns or something. The snake I borrowed to use is a spring one but I cannot get it to keep turning in either the shower or toilet.

ugh.........I bet it's my wife's hair thats made a dam in there somewhere
crackur

I allowed the double sinks to run for a min or two and they backed up in the tub and shower.........the toilet was gurgling.
Greg

Ok, so if you are saying the other bathroom is doing the same thing now it is time to dig a little deeper. If you have a trap above ground that is common to both bathrooms check there. You may have a trap in the ground that is plugged also.

If you want to check things quick, pull the line where it goes into the ground and put a 5 gal bucket under it. Flush the toilet, If it flushes normal, the problem is in the ground. Greg
DannyBob

well, if You now have managed to get "HER" bathroom involved, *I* would suggest following the suggestion : find & open every trap / clean-oout You can find ... then start 'watering' from YOUR bath ... if now flow,then gonna need to snake from the trap backwards ...
REMEMBER: Wimmin get all P**T abt BRs not being functional ... can definitely affect ' interpersonal contact' ...
"Remain calm --- it's all KARMA "
crackur

no the other bathroom is fine and its the closest to the drain that is connected to the town sewer etc.

One of my clients told me something about the pipe under the sink that pushes air down or something?

anyone know anything about what he is talking about.

The water eventually does go down and or can be plunged down after doing it for awhile.
kailor

If you don't have a cleanout plug on the main drain line under the MH, now would be a good time to cut the main drain (on the down-sloping side) line close to the problematic bathroom and run a snake from the cut, back toward the problematic bathroom to unclog. If no luck, run snake from new cut, down hill toward sewer. If still no luck, Install cleanout plug at that location. Make second new cut by your guest bath (on the up-sloping side) and then snake back up the line to unclog. Install second new cleanout plug when finished.

One time at my house, I had a toilet that would not flush properly, but would eventually drain down. I finally removed the toilet, took it out on the back patio and flushed it with a garden hose. I stuck my arm up in the toilet and could BARELY feel something with my fingertips. I called out my wife with slender arms. She reached up into the toilet and said, "I feel it." She pulled out a container of Crest tooth paste (not a typical "tube" of tooth paste) that had fallen in and somebody flushed it thinking it would go on down the drain, but that's another story...
Crest.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!
Two 14x66's
Greg

It sounds like he may be talking about the vent check valve. It should be under the counter by the sink. You can check it by simply unscrewing it and trying it. I have my doubts since it is backing up into the tub also. My money is on a blockage somewhere. Greg