Replacing Coleman Furnace with Miller

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

colddonkey

Will be having my 77K BTU Coleman electric replaced with a 75K BTU Miller E3EB023H electric furnace on the first week of January. Also in the process will be having the Amana central air unit removed as its pretty much junk. Was quoted just under $2100 plus NYS tax, was that a fair market quote for this particular job? Am I making a good move going with Miller like the contractor recommended as this Coleman has never been much to brag about?

Home is a 1995 Pine Grove 28 X 70
Robert

Hi,

Don't know competitive rates in your area, but that is low if it is an installed quote.

Electric furnaces are not much different and the Coleman should have been as good as the Miller.

The components are very similar and not much to them equipment wise.

Easily repaired and refurbished.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
colddonkey

Well I guess this explains the weak air flow I've had since moving into my Pinegrove mobile home. I just figured that the air flow from a mobile home furnace was lower then a regular stick built home. How the heck could something like this happen to miss the proper location for the duct hole in the floor and then NOT repair it. So now I have the repair folks coming back tomorrow to reposition the duct hole a good 6-8" over to where it should be, and of course several hundred dollars later as this wasn't (and shouldn't be) in the furnace replacement contract. :evil:

Note to Pinegrove Mobile Home Company you'll be hearing from me about this.
Robert

Hi,

That's pathetic and would definitely create a problem. MH systems will be a lot different than a conventional home, but IF done correctly, should provide adequate airflow.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
colddonkey

Finally the job was completed today along with the alteration of the air flow intake some duct work needed to be replaced. Already I can feel the difference in the previous 2 cold rooms as there is only 1 degree difference between them and the rest of the home. All in all it became a $3900 task including all the other stuff that was done.
Robert

Thanks for update, glad it has been resolved. Sorry you had to pay for someone's refusal to do their job correctly to begin with.

Thanks,
Robert