Coleman Model 2865-666 ICM replaced...loud ignition

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

BrianB54

I wrote last year regarding an intermittent blower issue with my Coleman 2865-666 furnace. After replacing the fan and limit switch, we had an HVAC company come out. They recommended that we replace the ICM. The unit originally had a Fenwal, but I was told that they did not have one in stock and that I could use a Honeywell S8610U which is a universal.

I installed the Honeywell which finally fixed my intermittent problem. However, a side effect is that now, occasionally, the ignition is extremely loud. I started reading through the manual for the Honeywell to make sure that I installed it correctly and came across a statement indicating that the unit should not be used for direct main burner ignition. My question is kind of two part:

1.) Is my Coleman a direct main burner ignition. I don't think that there is a pilot valve.

2.) How can I check if the Honeywell is operating properly? When I connected the wiring from my Fenwal, the Valve wire ended up only working on the PV terminal. However, I am getting 24 V AC when the valve is called to open.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Brian
Robert

Hi Brian,

You have an intermittent pilot system with an ignition module and an electrode.

Here is a tech sheet for the module:

http://customer.honeywell.com/techlit/p ... 8-0135.pdf

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
BrianB54

Thanks for the reply. The ignition is loud to the point of making me uncomfortable with the way the Honeywell is working with my system. I think I would like to order the Fenwal if at all possible. Is the one you sell (373-23884-001 Ignition Control ) the replacement part for my Coleman 2865-666 furnace?

Thanks,

Brian
Robert

Hi Brian,

Yes. Ignition Control # 373-23884-001 can be seen and ordered from here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... -2940-3251

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?