1995 Coleman EB17B-24V not always at T-stat

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

gamorrow

Morning...noticed that heating Elements are working, but the fan motor is not turning on. I go to the Thermostat and move the contact lever up and down and there is no spark when the contacts meet. When I go through moving the wiring around and pulling on and off the wires to their connectors...then go back to the Thermostat and then move the contact lever up and down again, then I see the sparks, and that's when the furnace will turn on, but this does not always work.

The furnace will run for a couple of days and then I am back to square one...and I don't know if it is the wires that are loose or that simply the unit is cooling down when I am messing with them.

I have twisted the wire caps tight.

I have cleaned the T-stat contacts with contact cleaner

I have cleaned wire clamps and contacts

I put on a new run capacitor 3 months ago.

When there is [no] 24v at the Thermostat, however there [is]
24v at both sides of the sequencer.

The Elements come on but the fan does not.

I can hear the damper open.
Robert

Hi,

Most often that is due to a bad sequencer. Would need to test with volt meter to know for sure.

Sequencer # 3115 - 3571 can be seen and ordered from here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... esults.php

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?