Is it normal to have blue yellow and orange

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

palasport

Is it normal to have blue yellow and orange in flame while furnace is on? i can see the flame through the inspection flap and it is blue yellow and orange.
gordo48111

A little yellow at the tip of the flame is good but orange is not. Does the flame appear to be dancing around?
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
palasport

I believe it may be I'll have to check next time it kicks on should i check when the blower is on or when the furnace is heating up?
palasport

just checked I wouldn't exactly call it orange (maybe I blew in it and created dust) and as far as the dancing it moves very little in both situations with the blower on and off.
gordo48111

If there is no noticeable difference in the flame after the blower comes on, you are probably ok. Every now and then I notice some orange in the flame on my gas stove and I attribute that to dirty gas in the supply.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
Robert

IF you see orange or yellow in the flame, inspect flue and roof jack for damage, loose fitting or leakage.

IF you find nothing, call an hvac tech to check furnace to ensure all is good.

Always go with the side of safety when it involves possibility of gas/burner problems.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?