Coleman EB15B, banging noise?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Tom-KY

I think I have the banging narrowed down to the blower trying to kick in and out. The problem is so intermittent that it is hard to get a meter on things to see what is losing power. Looking at the diagram should the #2 and 5 terminals on the blower relay have power all the time. Just glanced at it and wondered if the sequencer was suppose to control the power to those wires. The unit makes a noticeable thump/bang at time. It has a outdoor heat pump, but it still does it just running on the electric furnace. I got to it once and could feel the thump in the blower housing and the blower cuts out. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

Remove blower assembly and check motor mount bracket to see if anything is loose or broken.

If not, possibly a bearing going out in motor.

Sequencer controls elements and blower motor for heating.

Circuit runs through fan relay terminals 5 and 6, enters at 5 and exits at 6 and onto blower heating speed wire.

Should have 120vac to ground from 5 and 6 and 0vac across them with a call for heat and blower running.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Tom-KY

I think I may have it fixed. finally got it to do it and be acle to get to it to check it. Felt like the blower was rapidly turning on and off. Wiggled around on things and got it to act up while playing around with the blower relay. Put a new one on it and for 24 hours it has been good, took the old relay apart and the contacts are burnt pretty good.
Robert

Hopefully that takes care of it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?