Coleman DGAT070BDC

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

terrifromohio

Hello

I will be replacing the Ignition Control Box on this furnace myself, I ordered the part and it looks pretty easy. There are the two screws and just replace the wires where they come off the old box. I know to turn off the furnace at the breaker box before attempting this. Is there anything else I need to do? I have had the furnace repair people out here four different times and the last one told me this is probably what the problem was. They have replaced a limit switch, a purge relay and now the furnace runs a cycle for about two or three minutes and then stops. I am at my wits end and out of money. I hope this takes care of the problem.
gordo48111

I hope you are not paying a technician to come to your home and tell you what is "probably" the problem.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
terrifromohio

the first and last time I did it was a waste of money. The second and third time they did replace parts on the furnace and charged me twice the price of the part plus service call each time. The first time the guy looked at the furnace and said this is whats wrong with I will order the part was here about 5 minutes and charhed me 85.00. The last time the guy was here for a bit and said he thought it might be the ignition control but really did not know and charged me 75.00. The second and third time were also 85.00 each plus the parts. So about 330.00 service calls plus parts and furnace is still not working right.
gordo48111

Changing out parts and hoping they eventually correct the problem should not be how a licensed, reputable company goes about doing business. I would be on their a__ big time for a refund of at least some of what you have paid them. You have paid them to repair your furnace, not to guess. Check to see if they are indeed licensed and, if not, let them know you will be reporting them to the BBB and your state board of licensure. If they are licensed, report them anyway. You should not have to put up with this kind of incompetence.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
terrifromohio

The problem is finding someone that will work on a Coleman furnace in a trailer. You would be suprised how many HVAC companies that I called that will not work on trailers. The biggest furnace company we have here in the city will not work on trailers and most of them will not. I had to really call around to find someone who would even come out. That seems to be the case with plumbing and other things as well.
Had an incident this summer with my mother who lives across the street in a trailer, her air conditioning stopped working and I had no idea trailers were a problem and I called this one company, waited for the guy for 2 hours in 90 degree heat and he shows up gets out of the truck and says we don`t work on trailers, got back in the truck and left.
Robert

THAT is precisely why Mark (owner of this site and the online stores) and I hooked up with these hvac forums.

To provide service and ensure the safest DIY possible and also sell the correct parts needed.

Tell me from start of what furnace did and did not do and what is happening now.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
terrifromohio

Robert I have another thread started it is[ DGA070BDC please help], I don`t want to double post please answer that one
Robert

Will look it over tomorrow and reply tomorrow evening.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?