Help locating where limit switch is located

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mcclerg

My mother has a Coleman model# 7655-856 furnace that is not working. She hired a local tech to assess the problem and he surmised that it needs a limit switch. I purchased from you last week the two (2) limit switches listed on your website. I will be driving to her house to do the repair myself but since I have not seen the furnace yet I was hoping you could tell me where to look for the limit switches on the furnace? Also can you tell me whether the existing switches are fastened with rivets or screws? If rivets can you suggest the best way to attach the new ones? Any other pointers you can provide are appreciated.
Thank you
Greg

Let get this moved to the Heating section
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
gordo48111

Apparently Greg is having a problem posting. All his posts read the same. As far as I can tell, this is the heating section.
You should have no problem locating and identifying the limits. Just be sure to replace them like for like. Look for any difference in the physical appearance of each switch or look for a temperature rating on the body of the switch, or on the underside of the disc, that is the same as what is on the new switch. There should be no rivets.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
Robert

Upper limit switch is mounted on side of blower housing. Lower limit is mounted on bottom back wall of the control box.

Gordo,

When someone posts in wrong forum, we transfer it to correct forum and it shows there and where it was moved to with our explanation to poster.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
gordo48111

Thanks Robert, that makes sense now.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
Robert

You're very welcome.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?