Coleman 7900 - Burner problem? Clicks on and off

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

todd_s

I have a 7900 series, Coleman, 1986.

My burner will not stay on for extended period of time, it clicks off and on. I have no idea where this Heat sensor is, if this furnace even has this one. I keep being told that it might be that, but I haven't a clue where it is located.
Robert

Check your burner tube and burner orifice/spud behind the gas valve for blockages (spider-web-bugs).

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
todd_s

This is the burner tube, correct? I have cleaned this.

Robert

No, burner tube or burner venturi is behind gas valve and is where burner flame comes from.

May be best to call an hvac tech to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
todd_s

Do you have an idea how much it would cost for something like that? Just a ballpark?

Thanks..
Robert

Depends on who you call. Charges vary widely from one company to the next.

IF I came out and it was ONLY a dirty/clogged burner and/or burner orifice, it would be $75.00 .

Thanks,
Robert
todd_s

I've tried everything. Could it be the burner limit switch? That's the only thing I can think of.

or any of the switches?
Robert

Yes, an intermittent problem with limit switch could cause this problem. Test them to see if they are opening.

Thanks,
Robert