Blower motor cycles on and off

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

almoble

I have a Colemen model #8866b701 the heating cycle runs fine after the house is up to temp and it shuts down like it should the blower motor will start and run for 30 secs to a min, this will happens three or four times. What should I test or look for? Thanks for any help.
todd_s

Sounds like your furnace cooling down.
Robert

That would usually be a bad fan switch or fan switch doing the job it was designed for due to residual heat not being dissipated adequately during normal cycle.

Because that can be a safety issue, I would get an hvac tech to check it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
almoble

I was hoping it was just a switch, it seems to cycle the blower fan more and more. I have a parts furnace and I switched out the round two pronged switch that was labeled "fan" and it seems to just changed the time in between the cycles
Robert

May need to have it checked by an hvac tech. Could have dirt clogged in it preventing heat dissipation which would be a fire hazard.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?