Questions to ask before moving

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Jim from Canada

How much does the home weigh?

How much weight can the bridge handle?

flcruising

I'd just like to know what code they built that thing to as wood floor garages are not acceptable in any code I know. Must be non-combustible.

Edit- Actually, maybe that's not a manufactured home. Could be just moving a site-built home...?
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Greg

It almost has to be a building move. If you stop and think, the garage has to be at least 20' deep to put a car into. That would be a tad wide to move down the road as a single wide. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Lorne

And it looks like at least 2 axles fell off and landed under the bridge.
Why did they fall off? Did they forget to bolt them to the frame? Inquiring minds. :roll:
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Greg

The more I look at the picture & think about it I almost be that the bridge is part of the driveway. I don't think there are too many "public" bridges constructed like that. Greg
Jim from Canada

It's just a humorous pic....don't over think it.
Greg S

With a little modification, move the garage doors to the end, add a walkway to the front door, add additional support under the center, one could have a interesting water front home.
Maybe even add a water turbine to provide hydro electric.

Trying not to over think but always looking for the potential in real estate investing. Could possibly pick it up for next to nothing.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Greg

Well Jim, I'm not trying to over think it, just trying to figure out what someone was (or wasn't) thinking.
The worst part is that I see STUPID every day!! like people that put a 400 pound walk behind concrete saw in the back of a truck and don't tie it down, come back and wonder why their back window is broken. Greg