Coleman Presidential 6806A732 sequencer wire guage

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sean bean

I have a heat only electric furnace make by Coleman Presidential 6806A732. It has a 30 amp breaker and a 60 amp breaker. One of the black wires from the 60 amp breaker to the first on sequencer had the insulation starting to melt on both the breaker connection and the sequencer connection. The 60 amp breaker would trip after the furnace had run for about five minutes. I had salvaged some wires from some coleman furnaces that had been discarded and replaced my bad one with one of them. My breaker no longer trips. I would like to buy new wires from you but I can not find the wire size in my Coleman manual nor are there any numbers printed on the existing wires in this furnace except on the smallerwires to and from the blower relay. Is the correct guage of wire from the breaker to the sequencer 10AWG and from the sequencer to the limit switch also 10AWG?
Thanks in advance for any clarification you can give me.
Sean Bean
Robert

Hi,

Can be 10, 12 or 14 gauge, usually a mixture. I prefer 10 myself and that is what I mostly use. Other times I use 12awg.

Go here to see and order wire:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... esults.php

Page down a little ways to see red and black 10awg wire.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?