Filters in Coleman model 7655-856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

caroline196

Coleman model 7655-856. This older coleman furnace doesn't have any filters in the doors. What kind should I use and do they go in both or just one? I was thinking foam?? Both doors have a few slats in them. That is where they do go, correct? The furnace is accessed from a door on the outside of the mobile home. Thank you very much to whomever can answer this.
Robert

Hi,

Foam Furnace Filter # 7660 - 3401

Foam Filter Clips # 7670 - 3451

Both can be seen and ordered from here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... esults.php

Goes behind top door panel.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
caroline196

Can I actually use some other kind, such as pleated, carbon etc. or would it restrict air supply too much? Maybe one that doesn't have a high number rating? There is a vent on the outside door for air also. These foam filters look as though they wouldn't hold any dirt.
Robert

Those are what the furnace manufacturer recommends for your furnace. I would not advise changing without having an hvac tech to test for adequate airflow through any other type.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?