New metal roof....where to buy??

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

gram2logan

We need to upgrade our roof. Hubby was going to put coating on it this year for now and have rubber roof put on in a year or two. But that is really more money than we want to spend. Any idea how much a metal roof would cost? (materials only) And where do you purchase that sort of metal?

Our home is 22 x 53 double wide with a very shallow peak in the middle (looking at it from the front it's like this /\ - only much much less of an angle)

Thanks!
Stop talking before people stop listening!
JD
Site Admin

Doing a quick search, I was able to find An Everlast dealer in Goshen. http://www.countywidemetalsales.com/

Then if your roof is basically flat on each side, as opposed to curved, there is Metal Roofing - DIY in 3 Rivers Michigan, which was offering free shipping through the month of March. I bet they could be coerced into free shipping again. The reason I say flat roof is their product as a tall standing seam. This is a superior roof panel compared to standard corrugated metal. They also have entire roof kits and what appears to be good product support. http://metalroofingdiy.com/about_us.html

From looking at the web sites, I would imagine that both of the above products are better than the average corrugated metal. The price may also reflect that difference. Standard painted corrugated steel is pretty common and generally locally available. Any dealer/contractor dealing in steel buildings and pole barns would have or be a local supplier.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
homebuff

I would like to fix my roof the same way. It is a 16x60 single wide. With a v-roof style roof.
JD
Site Admin

You can find instructions on how to install a metal roof in the Mobile/Manufactured Home Repair Manual available through the link at the top of this page, Books & Parts

Just look in the phone book or do an internet search for metal roofing in your area. You would have a better idea of the businesses close to you, but I found RSM in Ft Smith and Gates Metals in Gore. Also, being in such a rural area, I would think that Sallisaw Lumber or Red's Building Supply might have the metal. I am sure there are lot's of pole barns in your area.

Hope this helps,

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.