Trouble with Neighbors

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

joedirt63

that sounds cool, movie mabe you and wife can team up she just wrote a book Trailer Treasures, you know funny reality stuff that you would never think of but can relate too.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
andreab

Update from Trailerlicious-land.

I did my neighbor next to me a favor on Friday by driving her to a doc appt. since their car isn't running, so now everyday she asks me for a favor - ride to the store, use my phone to call her mom (now her mom leaves me messages too), borrow butter, and the request of the year......borrow 3 beers!!!

My trash talking neighbor across the street walks around in skimpy little shorts with her butt cheeks hanging out (I thought she was wearing pj's) my new "best friend" thinks its because she is threatened by me, that I might try to steal her man (I wouldn't take him if she paid me to).

joedirt63 - I would love to read your wife's book! I am thinking about starting a blog (on a blog site) to write about this stuff because I am not sure of the implications of filming people with or without their permission.
Dean3

And let me guess,her butt cheeks look like sumthin somebody upchucked! :lol: I feel bad for ya,that view's gotta be tuff to take.

Uh oh,yer "friend" is only 1 step away from walking in without knocking and helping herself to dinner,prolly bring her whole family too. You might have to start inventing as many ways to say "no" as she uses to ask for things. Got a peephole in the door?

She drinks beer? I guess even the worst of people can have one redeeming quality :wink: . Casually ask what kind of beer she hates,then say "Oh I love that" and learn to drink it yourself,if she has a change of tastes then you have a true leach and alcy on yer trail. Another trick is to get hold of some old and nasty beer,if she wants free then give her that. Watch for her to pitch in a little here and there,as long as she gets lots more than it's worth from you that is. Did she even offer to pay for gas when you gave her a ride?

I can't wait to hear more.

Dean
Greg

"Borrow" beer? I'm not sure I would want to be there when it is returned :) . It sounds like you are well on your way to building a monster, now all you need to do is find the control box!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Dean3

andreab,Google "trailerlicious",it seems you have established competition for the name. Got alternative names for your blog?

Dean
andreab

The "borrowed beer" has not been returned - yet, but there is still hope. Same with the butter, but technically it wasn't "real" butter. She does not offer me gas money, but did offer to buy me some things with her food stamps, but I don't feel right doing that so I said not to worry about it. I am kinda going with the idea that kindness eventually gets repaid, some way, some how.

If a trailer is 14' X 60' and sits on a lot of 8' on one side and 4' on the other, plus another maybe 7' in the front of the trailer, how many cars can my hoochie mama neighbor have parked around her trailer at one time? If you said 7 you would be correct. A truly amazing lesson in creative parking. Also, one of the cars has two flat tires and never moves, is it still considered a car or has it become a lawn ornament?
Greg

And park management allows this?? Here 1 unregistered car gets towed, Park on the lawn and expect a 10 day letter (correct it or face eviction). Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
WildIrish

Wow...this makes me glad our double-wide is in a small town, instead of a trailer park. I hope things will continue settling down for you, so you can live in peace. :)
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]
andreab

It's all good! I have come to the conclusion that I am a snob and my neighbors operate on a different set of moral values. A good thing happened to me, after hearing my neighbors drop the f-bomb every other word, I have stopped most of my cussing (still get attacks of road rage though). Funny thing is that some of these people who don't give me the time of day have no problem with their kids coming over and hanging out with me and my family.
Dean3

"It's all good! I have come to the conclusion that I am a snob and my neighbors operate on a different set of moral values. "

Is that a result of 'close proximity politics'?

" Funny thing is that some of these people who don't give me the time of day have no problem with their kids coming over and hanging out with me and my family."

Holy crap!,so now you are the designated free babysitter,free taxi,free grocery,and,free liquor store! Maybe just start a charity and make it official? At least then you could write it off taxes and recoup a bit. :)

I thought it was enough when I mowed the neighbor's yard like 10-20 times and they mowed mine like 2 times. Their yard is fully twice the size of mine. Oh well,mom said "it's better to give than receive". I guess part of that is--it means there is some extra to give. 8)

Dean
joedirt63

i have neighbor who just can't stand the sight of my new umbrella cloths dryer, you know the kind that is out side and is 100% eco friendly, it's on my side of thelot right where my deck is planned to be, that issue was resolved ,so i thought. he wouldn't tell me personally ,he told the park owner and he told me, so i moved said comtraption while the owner was there, then put it right back in it's origanal spot after he left. i also decided to plan my deck by stakeing out the area for the posts,now he not only has to look at my cloths dryer but a 7x16 square of sticks and yellow tap. for every sin against me i will return it 10 fold.
"a man has got to know his limitations", clint eastwood. " i haven't found mine yet," me
Dean3

"then put it right back in it's origanal spot after he left"

:lol: :lol: :!: :lol: more.

Don't forget to hang a pair of boxers with a big smiley face(or something better)on the umbrella rack pointed right at the neighbor's place every wash day.

I remember Mom hanging laundry out before we ever got a damn dryer,if it was good enough back then it's good enough now.

Dean
gemini5618

Just proudly inform them that your clothes dryer is the latest in "green" technology...a solar dryer.
Jules
andreab

My beer borrowing neighbor has left her boyfriend, took the kids and moved away. So, maybe that is my karma for doing something nice. I didn't know you could still get an umbrella clothes drier. I will be stringing a line from my shed to my tree - 30 ft of laundry. It will run along my fence and the neighbor's trailer - luckily there are no functioning windows there on his trailer, unless you count the plywood window with the funky foam insulation. Unfortunately my clothes line will not be annoying my neighbors, besides I think my just living there annoys some of my neighbors. FYI Kmart sells yellow boxer shorts with smily faces on them.
Dean3

andreab wrote:My beer borrowing neighbor has left her boyfriend, took the kids and moved away. So, maybe that is my karma for doing something nice.

Hmm,well if they are his kids then he's gonna get hit for child support,be prepared,he might be the one borrowing beer now.

I didn't know you could still get an umbrella clothes drier. I will be stringing a line from my shed to my tree - 30 ft of laundry. It will run along my fence and the neighbor's trailer - luckily there are no functioning windows there on his trailer, unless you count the plywood window with the funky foam insulation.

Well if he starts sitting outside on wash day and then stutters and drools when he talks to you,you might do better to hang your undies indoors.

Unfortunately my clothes line will not be annoying my neighbors, besides I think my just living there annoys some of my neighbors.

Pi$$ on em then.

FYI Kmart sells yellow boxer shorts with smily faces on them.
There ya go joedirt63!! :lol: ,,you don't even have to wear the dang things,just hang em out for the crybaby neighbor to see.

Dean