Dog Proofing my skirting

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

squirt13

I have a dog that last summer would push the skirt out of place and go under the house to get around the fenced yard. i had to chain her up in a fenced yard, however this summer i no longer can physically go and untangle her. I was wondering if anyone had placed a in-ground fence under their house and if it worked.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks
Melinda
Greg

If you are talking about the "Invisible" fence, you mat have problems if you have metal siding. We tried one but the metal siding from our & the neighbor's did strange things to the RF signal transmitted from the dog's collar.
I think I would find a way to reinforce the skirting. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
squirt13

We can't use anything but the vinyl skirting. Do you have any ideas on how to reinforce the skirting?
Greg

Possibly build a 2x frame behind the skirting? Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
DCDiva

Can you use the white metal roofing panels cut like the vinyl skirting with the wood framing--I have seen it done and looks great but strong--unless you get really close you could not tell the differance
Melissa
dinotoad

Try an electric fence for dogs. They are easy to install. The dog will get shocked 2 or 3 times and then will never come back.

I use one to keep pack rats out of my motorhome.
Lorne

Trade the dog in for a house cat.

I read the once a dog gets past the pain of the electric shock collar they are off for other parts.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
dinotoad

Lorne wrote:Trade the dog in for a house cat.

I read the once a dog gets past the pain of the electric shock collar they are off for other parts.
I meant the actual electric fence not the "invisable fence"

I would have tried the "invisable fence" but I had a hard time getting the collars on all the pack rats :-)
Greg S

I had the same problem with a tenant of mine that is a pack rat, can't get her to ware the collar.
She thinks that TV show "Hoarders" is a DIY show.
I may have to try installing the actual electrical wire and see if that works.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)