Replacing the Skirting

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mcfael

I didn't find much on this subject, although I'm sure there must be a couple of threads somewhere. Anyway, we are considering replacing the "traditional" white skirting on our double wide with stone patterned, insulated skirting. I have found a couple of sites online where it can be purchased and we would like to save by doing it ourselves (hope that won't be a huge mistake :roll: ). There are installation instructions but it sounds like they're for installing the original skirting.

Has anyone replaced all of the skirting on their home? Do we want to tackle this? Any advice or shared experiences would be very much appreciated!
Greg

I know the subject has been talked about here. Perhaps some of the people involved will answer. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mcfael

Thanks Greg, I did find some posts on this on the Repair side. Since this is not a repair I didn't think to look there.
Still, anyone with any advice or experience? We can't seem to get enough advice on our projects and we appreciate it all.
JD
Site Admin

There are a few faux rock looking panel products made of different materials and installed in different ways. Just need to look through the instructions real well. One detail that can make or break any skirting job is how the bottom of the panel fits the bottom track. You will either need to cut the skirting bottom to contour the bottom track, or use pressure treated wood to level the bottom track. If there is a slope, the bottom of the skirting panels need to match the slope. This allows the skirting to sit plumb and not lean after a while.

A member here named Rod has installed different types of faux rock skirting. Maybe you could shoot him an email through this web site. Just do a search on ~ Rod ~ at the home page and then while viewing one of his posts, there should be an email link under his member name.

Hope this helps,
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Heather

I am getting a doublewide after Jan.of next year,and they throw in the white skirting,but not the brick foundation.If we want that its about 4500-5ooo and we cant afford that so Im stuck with the white for awhile.I would love to know more info on this stone stuff.I thought there was only the faux blue which I hate or the white.Care to share some sites or pics???Thanks