exterior walls

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mike

hello everyone, im wanting to add some more insulation to my exterior walls, i have a single wide late 80,s mh. i would also like to block some noise from my neighbores as well. my concerns are that my wals are very thin an i did some searching here an i dont want to bow out my alminum siding by stuffing it with more insulation. i read about roxul safe an sound. would that work in my exterior walls? i live in the south so we get alot of heat an humidity. thanks in advance for any help. mike
ponch37300

What do you have for insulation now? Insulation is not made to "stuff" as much as possible in. When you buy fiberglass batt insulation they make a specific size for a specific sized wall. If you stuff more insulation in and compress it, then you are actually lowering the insulations R-value.
mike

thanks for the reply an info. i was woundering if i could stuff the wall lol guess not. it has some pink insulation not sure what kind. any ideas on what would be good for insulating from weather an noise? thanks mike.