Aberdeen S D floods

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

2007 Hurricane Forecast

On April 3 a new forecast was issued, calling for a very active hurricane season of 17 named storms, 9 hurricanes and 5 intense hurricanes.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
readysetgo

Hush :(

One thing at a time, the smoke is horrible here in Marion County(at times.) I've been wearing a mask when working outside and still coughing pretty bad. Let's hope for the best this year. I'm sure the hurricane will ONLY affect us AFTER we get the house totally done. :wink:
Maureen

Our Summer forecast is about expected, hot, very dry and our fire season is on major alert. Our fire season never ended last year, it just kept going.

The house now has 100 feet of defensible space. That's been upgraded from 30 feet over prior years, per our fire officials. The police/fire scanner is now on at all times. The fire station is just up above us, so when I hear those sirens, I'm on fire look out now.

It's going to be a long year for all of us!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
flgmtech

Hello to all!

Mark Spiderman ended nicely, and I recommend you watch it to see the ending, I am afraid to list the end as it may ruin it for others.
I am glad to hear that you and your family faired well during this recent rash of weather, as did so many of the rest of the MH Family across the nation, as for those here in Smokey Florida, it is miserable, hot and hard to breathe.
The weather at 11:00 stated an advisory to not go out tomorrow but to stay in the Air Conditioning due to health issues,.... I wonder if my Boss will let me use that as an excuse not to go to work tomorrow?? lol
I am still hard at work in the money pit, and have even started the further adventures into the kitchen, as the bedroom and bath are at a stand still... I will keep up the adventure as I progress.
Until next time, my best wishes for all and may you all be safe and sound.

Tim
Harry

Hi

Well it is still dry here. Maybe some rain in a week. Once the fires are put out they will smolder for months without a lot of rain. Dry muck burns.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?