furnace cycles twice

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

Diet coke/caffeine free !! :wink:

Would love to come to a Packers game IF they ever send Ted Thompson packing, LOL !!

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ponch37300

Hi Robert,

I recieved my pressure switch today and installed it. Doesn't look anything like the one that I had but it says this one replaces the one that was in there. I assume this is just a generic one. I cycled the furnace and measured it and got 24V at the begining for about 5 seconds and the furnace ran it's normal cycle. I guess time will tell if this fixes the problem or not. Will post back after sometime if the burner fails to come on at some point. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks, Scott
Robert

Hi Scott,

That's the new OEM replacement, they do that often and the new rarely looks like the old.

Hopefully that will do the job.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ponch37300

That's what I was figuring, which is fine with me as long as it works.

Hopefully this is what it was because it's -15 with wind chills right now so would hate to come home to a fault again and have the house froze.

Thanks again and will surely be back if the problem comes back!
Robert

Hoping for the best.

Thanks,
Robert
ponch37300

Well Robert our hoping didn't work. Was enjoying my saturday night relaxing and the furnace cycled twice. I didn't get up to try and check any voltages, decided to take the night off. Not sure what exactly to check now but I'll try and see if I can figure something out tomorrow. So if you have any suggestions on where to go from here or what other things to check feel free to chime in.

Looking forward to your advice, Scott
ponch37300

Well it did it again this morning. I got over there right after the second cycle came on. Didn't get the meter out but I noticed there was a blue flame for about 20 seconds and then it went out. The fan continued to run for a while and then shut off.
Robert

Hi Scott,

At this point and the way it is working, not working, I would find a reputable hvac tech to at least troubleshoot and correctly diagnose and then if possible, DIY the repair.

If it is intermittent, it can be hard to find and could involve a safety issue as well.

Just not something I can be sure of from here without being there to test fully.

An hvac tech could do that at each component throughout cycle to find the problem.

Don't want you to replace anything that is not needed.

Thanks,
Robert
ponch37300

The throwing in of the white towel!

I was enjoying this learning experience but maybe your right, the next parts are more expensive and I would hate to just start guessing and throwing parts in.

Now the real work comes trying to find a REPUTABLE HVAC company! Sometimes that can be harder than the trouble shooting it self. I had out last year to work on the ac and was not impressed. That is part of the reason I was trying to do this myself.

Thanks again for all your time and help, Scott
Robert

Hi Scott,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Something is being missed, which is easy to do from here.

IF you can find a good hvac tech to troubleshoot, you can learn more and then maybe DIY the repair.

We may can still offer best price on needed parts.

Please keep me posted.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert