coleman evcon furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Maizenbluman

I have a coleman/evcon furnace that is not working properly. Model # 7995-656/D S/N :930978645 This is in a mobile home that we recently purchased so we have no history of previous problems. Would like to get a electrical scematic of unit to verify proper wiring due to some changes. Current problem is that we can get the furnace to run and cycle properly when the fan is set in on mode (running constantly). When we put thermostat setting to auto mode the furnace will light and burner will get hot but fan never kicks on, eventually causing unit to shut down. The fan appears to have been changed at some point, originally had a five wire plug and current fan has a four wire plug. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
Maizenbluman

Anybody have a idea where to start with a problem like this??
ponch37300

I'm sure Robert will be along and can provide more/better info but since you sound desperate I would start by testing the 5th wire that is not connected now. See if it has power when the fan is supposed to be on. Maybe this is the wire that tells the fan to come on when in auto mode and it not being connected might be the issue. Did this just start happening or did the fan always fail to come on while in auto mode since you bought the trailer?
Robert

Hi,

Fan Switch # 7975 - 3281 would be most common for that. It can be seen and ordered through

PayPal from left side of this page if needed :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?