Remodel

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

japa

I bought this home in August and have just recently finished the remodel. The kitchen cabinets, sink and counter tops were in pretty good shape, as was everything in the bathroom. The only thing I had done was new double hung windows, laminate hardwood floors and we painted the wallboard. I'm going to try to upload a couple pictures...what a difference it made. I followed the instructions on this site for painting and didn't have any problems. Thank you! Here are a couple pictures. I wanted to send more, but it would only let me send 3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

Looks Good!! congrats. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

Glad the site gave you some usefull info! That is what we are here for. Wow, what a change a gallon of paint and some sweat equity can do huh. Very pretty!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
crackur

very nice job
Trudi

What a transformation! Wish we could see all the pics. Nice work!!
DCDiva

Looks great--thanks for the photos--how wide is the mh? I ask due to I am planning a kitchen and would like to do a kitchen like yours w table in middle mine is 12 ft wide so not sure--ours in currently gutted lol so nice to see what I had planned
Melissa
mcfael

What a nice outcome...good job! The kitchen looks so sunny and inviting. We have also been doing a "makeover" and are almost done. The information I got here regarding painting the wallboard was immensely helpful. Hoping to move in by end of the year.
Denise

This is just so inviting! You did a beautiful job. What primer and paint did you use? What color is that? It looks very much like what we are trying to accomplish. Yes, I'd Love to see more pictures, also.
japa

Sorry it took me so long to respond to some of your questions, but I've been busy with the holidays and haven't been on-line for awhile. To answer some of your questions, the mobile home is 14 x 70. I used Kilz primer and Valspar paint. The shade is "Carmel" which I painted most of the walls with. The bathroom and bedroom I painted a cream color, except for the bead board in the bedroom I painted that with the "Carmel". I'll try to add a couple more pictures. I think the hardwood floors and the new windows really made the place so much nicer. Thanks for all the nice comments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhonda

What a georgous transformation! You have done a wonderful job!
crackur

what type of wood floors did you use?
japa

I used a laminate floor I found at Lowe's.....Swiftlock - Handscraped hickory

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=p ... lpage=none
CaidensMommy2008

I LOVE IT!! I love the color! I've been debating on what color to repaint my living room and kitchen, I think I found it!! Excellet job! How did you do your bathroom?
japa

The bathroom was wallpapered so we took that off and repainted. It already had new vinyl flooring so I didn't have to do much in there at all. Hope your painting goes well!