problems with coleman evcon

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

Hi,

If the ignitor stays energized too long, could be a short in wiring, bad control board, bad t-stat.

Check burner orifice for a blockage like spider/web.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
smartin1971

okay i had my furnace guy come and check my gas valve pressure..had 11 lbs going in and 7 lbs coming out..bout a new valve for $65 going to install it today...hopefully that solves this lil problem..thanks again rober..youve been a tremndous help
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
smartin1971

hey Robert,,
installed new valve,,still wouldnt fire..called a buddy @ g.w berkhimer and he had me tape together the wires on the highlimit switch..furnace fired and is running fine..can you give me the part # for that switch..it is the one closest to the combustion motor...thanks again..hopefully you wont here from me after this..thanks
Robert

Hi,

Limit Switch # 7995 - 3281/A can be seen and ordered through PayPal from right side of this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Thanks,
Robert
smartin1971

hi Robert
okay..limit switch is in and still acting up...now the glow plug will come on for 2 seconds and go out,,come on again real quick but then go out again.??i hear it clicking in the ignition control,..do you think the ignition control or the sequencers are bad.???
Robert

Hi,

You don't have any sequencers. Need to test circuit with a meter to find problem. Could be a shorted wire. Replacing parts looking for problem is wasting a lot of dollars unnecessarily.

Look closely for loose wire connections, bare spots on wire and shorts in wiring.

The components in the circuit have to receive power and keep it for designed length of time.

Only after ensuring that was happening, would it be time to start testing and eliminating components.

Thanks,
Robert
smartin1971

hey robert...i ended up replacing the ignition control...furnace seems to work fine with the exception of the exhausat motor continuing to run after the furnace shuts down.??any ideas what this can mean...thanks again
Robert

Booster relay, shorted wire.

Thanks,
Robert