Home gets too hot with new furnace

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

myboyrusty

Hi guys....just had a new thermo pride furnace put in replacing the old miller. If I set the temp to 65 ....the room with the thermostat in it (the rest of the home too) goes up to 70.......too hot for me. I can't get it to stay at the temp I set it at. I didn't have this problem wiith the miller so I don't think it's a thermostat problem. This thermo pride is MUCH more powerful the the miller but I find myself having to keep adjusting the thermostat.....a REAL pain in the neck. Is there an adjustment the oil co. can make or is this the way it's going to be.?
Thanks,
Dave
Robert

Hi Dave,

Different furnace will operate differently and at different ratings. Have you checked to see if t-stat heat anticipator setting is still correct ?

If t-stat and furnace are compatible, heat anticipator is correct and all wired correctly, it should shut off as pre-set to do so.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
myboyrusty

Robert,
Thank you very much for that info. I learn something new on this site everyday.
Dave
Robert

Hi Dave,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?