Six Flags - Magic Mountain

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

JD
Site Admin

I flew my daughters down from Washington and took them to Magic Mountain for a vacation this week. This is one cool place and what a perfect time of year to go. Crowds were non-existent for the most part. We went on weekdays. Weather was mid 70's. The new CEO there has changed things for the better. They quit selling alcohol and built a big Sherrif's sub-station at the entrance. The entire park was immaculate in the morning when we got there and service people were there keeping it that way all day long.

And fantastic rides! 16 coasters. 2 that have top speeds over 100 mph. Floorless coasters that you hang from and stand up coasters going 65 mph. Backward, inverted, spiraling 360's! This may not be the best coaster park in the nation, but I bet it #2 or 3.

Anyways, it was great and I wanted to share it with you.

JD

☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Hi

Great Photo!!

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Sylvia

lol they had those pictures available at a lot of the rides at Disney too. We declined to purchase any of them. We were making horrible faces in them :oops:
Maureen

Hey JD,

Great news that they finally cleaned that place up! It's been a few years since I've been there, but last time, it was pretty crummy!

Looks like you all had a great time!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Yanita

Great pic JD,

Glad you and the girls had a good time.

Although we like to go to Busch Gardens I usually am the one behind the camera! Just looking at your pic makes my heart race, LOL, I would need a team of EMT's if I went on those coasters!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

There were some there that may have needed EMTs the last day we were there.We were on a run through the park to ride the best rides over again. The ride named "X" was down due to repairs so the next best was Tatsu. When we came up to the ride, about a hundred people were standing near the entrance looking up. The ride had stopped running just before the first descent. As with most coasters, the first thing that happens is a slow pull up to the top of the first dive. This would be 170' in the air. The cool thing about this ride is, you get on like it is a stand-up ride. Pull your yoke style harness thing down and buckle in. Then all of the seats turn 90 degrees, leaving you hanging face down. And away you go! This is the position the stuck people were in. You could hear some of the girls screaming. Maybe they weren't all girls, that is how tense the situation seemed. I don't know how long they had been stuck before we showed up. We watched for about 5 minutes. Then there were a couple of jerks and it very slowly crested the drop point. Shoulda heard the screams then! That ride was closed after that run.

Here is a picture of the people while they were stuck.

☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
kashton

Only rides I go on are the Rollercoasters. I was on the one in West Edmonton mall the day before it derailed. Scarry stuff. No ride is worse than the other when it comes to accidents. They can all do you in if something happens. Glad you got to spend time with the girls JD. I bet that is worth a million. I can't wait until I can spend some time with my oldest again. He could make me a Grandma at my young age. I sure hope not for a few more years though.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!