IT'S DEGA DAY!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Hey NASCAR Fans,

It's Dega day! For those of you that like the super speedways this is your day. I prefer the intermediate and short tracks.

Robert, I see that Gordon has the pole. Tony is 33rd, Jr is somewhere back there also. This is an areo race so I am not real concerned.

Hey did anybody watch the Busch race yesterday? I did, several of the cup racers were in it. Good race. Montoya got fined for rough driving, way to much hard drafting.

Yup, Tony is in the spotlight for voicing his opinions again, thought the full year probation was a little stiff, considering others have been caught cheating and only been fined. Oh well, NASCAR brow beat him into submission and he came out the poster child yesterday during interviews and certainly will do the same today!

Ok, national anthem is playing, gotta get the wings on the grill, and will be repairing antique stained glass lamps I bought yesterday. Need to get set up so I can watch and repair at the same time...

Happy racing...

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Yep

They say there's going to be a "big one" today.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Harry,

Just went to commercial...yup, there will probably be a big one today.

Yesterday it was 12 cars I think.

What do they expect, this is an areo race not a drivers race. 200 plus mph within inches of each other 3 or 4 wide, something is gonna give sooner or latter!

At the moment Jeff is still leading, but Tony has come from 33 to 2nd! Probably won't last and there is alot of race yet to go, as they say the most important lap is the last one!

Gotta go eat!

TTYL,

~Yanita~
Harry

Hi Yanita

You said " Tony is in the spotlight for voicing his opinions again".

That's one of the nicer spins I've read today. I think he had to "eat some crow" over it.... No money in that dirt track racing.

JMHO

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Eat crow???

Why, because he got the lucky dog pass, that's happened before.

Why, because this race the officials made sure that the track debris was actually shown, where it has not been in the past few races on occasions.

No money in dirt track racing, well I am not so sure about that when you own the track! Read about Eldorado Speedway, I believe they are also getting ready to raise/donate more money to the Victory Junction Camp, to the tune of a million bucks.

It was a fairly entertaining race, but these super speedways don't do alot for me, like I said I like the intermediate and short tracks. With those tracks it's more skill than aero.

We will be in Concorde NC for the May 27th race. WOO HOO!

You have a great day!

~Yanita~
Harry

Yanita

LOL You make excellent points.

You could easily be a NASCAR reporter for a newspaper or mag.

Yep, there's a lot of factors that go into who wins the race.

Harry
Robert

Hi,

Yep, a lot of factors, but nobody is given a win as Tony had implied, then recanted his statement.

He let his temper get the better of him again and then had to "eat crow" by stating he was wrong.

He says the wrong things at the wrong times and then admits that after cooling down.

It has cost him again and again.

There are a lot things wrong about Nascar today, but there are ways to get that across without cutting your throat and those on your team as well.

Tony stated they showed him film of the debris from last week and if he had talked to them first, he could have saved a lot of this from happening.

Where he is now compared to where he was after Daytona, he should be thankful, settle down, drive and realize there is a lot of races yet to run.

Just my .02 on it. :)

BTW, I actually saw more than 10 laps this time,LOL.

I loved the supers before restrictor plates became an issue.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Jim from Canada

Go Tony!!!!
Oh well, got wiped out at the end. Was he being "diplomatic" as only he can be, in the interview? I think he had a good shot at it on Sunday...but then a few people did. Good race though. At least that bow tie was in the winners circle again! Good for Jeff! A few people with thier noses out of joint over him. I think his actions should be judged by his intensions (respect). JJ did pretty good too! I guess those are the "3 Amigos" that I usually cheer for.

Jim
Yanita

Yeah, I sure would of liked to see were he would of finished had he not gotten caught up in whatever it was that happened behind him!

He had a full head of steam coming up the outside like he does when he is on a mission!

Oh well, plenty of races left as Robert said! Tony really never does well until mid season, got plenty of time yet!

Take care everyone!

~Yanita~
kashton

Once again I shouldn't even comment on my man Kenseth. But, he moved positions so much, I couldn't keep track off him. A couple of cautions sure helped him out though. I tried to record the race since I was out cleaning the shed. 48 laps to go, TSN changed broadcasters to show the hockey game already in progress. I missed the end of the race. Had to watch sport central to see who won. What a dilemma. Something new every week.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Yanita

Hi Kashton,

I honestly do not rememebr where Mat finished, but several times during the race he was within the top 10.

Matt is a good driver, the commentators do not say much about him, but then all of a sudden he can be a factor in the race.

Cleaning the shed on race day! Girl, what are you thinking, all projects done during the race must be able to be brought within distance of the television.

~Yanita~
kashton

Yanita,

Had to do it. Can't stand the winter gear, kids bikes and all the tools being inside the front door. I want to get the front boot-room finished, but everything in the way. Couldn't get in the shed either for all the stuff dropped right inside the door. Finally got it done though. I feel like I got something accomplished. My hubby wasn't home for the race either. He had to work, so it isn't the same watching myself.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Yanita

Hi Kashton,

I hear ya! There are times when I just have to get one more thing done, and obviously it will not happen if I am in front of the tv!

I no longer have little ones to pick up after so I forget about that added stuff, and the change of season supplies!

Your right, watching a race alone just is not as fun without others around!

You have a great day!

~Yanita~