new doublewides

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

cas1414

My son and his fiancee wanted to look at doublewides yesterday--they're thinking of putting one on the back of our 5 acres. All I can say is WOW. I cannot believe how much they have changed since we bought ours 19 years ago. And how much they have gone up in price. There was even one for $115,000. What a change in 19 years.
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to MHR. Yup, the prices have gone up and the quality to a small degree. I can say I would never dream of spending that kind of money on a MH though.

I am going to move this to Off Topic as it is not about repairs. Please follow us there.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
cas1414

I apologize--I thought I posted under Off Topic. I agree that's an insane amount of money to spend on a MH. Thankfully, the ones they are interested in are well below that in price. I did especially like the feature that they all had of having a main cut-off for the water in the utility room.
Greg

New mobile homes have a "Build sheet" with options for almost everything in the home. Remember that with every option comes a price increase, so it doesn't take long to really make a price jump. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Claudia

Wow, I'll have to tell my sister she's lucky. She just bought a new one. It was on display as a cash special. It came to about 55k. I didn't see it on the dealers website either. Maybe it was a discontinued model.

She's moving down here to NC next week.
cas1414

There were several for quite a bit less than the $115,000 one. Right now, I think the kids are trying to figure out what they're looking at money-wise. It's funny (in a way)--I have a friend who doesn't think they should buy a "trailer", but her son and his wife bought a house 3 years ago for $305,000 (because that's what they qualified for), and now guess whose house is for sale because they can't make the payments. I'm not being hateful, just grateful that the kids are taking their time, planning and thinking things through.